Who uses GSA Advantage?
You may be wondering who can place GSA Advantage orders. In other words, if you are GSA Certified, then who could be your potential customers. There are hundreds of federal agencies, departments, andsome non-federal and SLED customersthat can purchace through GSA Advantage.
The following federal agencies can process GSA Advantage Orders:
- Federal agencies. any and all Agencies and Departments (like DoD, DoE, DoC, DoT, GSA, …)
- Fed-owned corporations. (UNICOR, Federal Financing Bank, etc.)
- Independent establishments of the Fed (Smithsonian, USPS, Red Cross, Library of Congress, etc.)
- Mixed ownership government corporations (National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, etc.)
The following non-federal organizations can purchase through GSA Advantage:
• Cost-reimbursement contractors (GSA authorized)
Tribes and tribal organizations.
Authorized Territory Governments (Guam, US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico)
FAA authorized entities. (International Atomic Energy Agency, NATO, World Health Organization)
GSA Advantage orders can also be placed by State, Local, & Education (through special programs):
- Cooperative Purchasing
- Disaster Purchasing Program
- 1122 Program
- Public Health Emergencies
How Agencies place GSA Advantage Orders
A government contractor with a GSA Advantage Catalog offers products and services to government buyers in a convenient way.
These are the benefits to agency buyers:
- Searching for items several ways (by keywords, part numbers, NSNs, manufacturer, contractor, etc.
- Placing GSA Advantage orders directly online
- Reviewing delivery options
- Selecting a convenient payment method
- Browsing by products and services category
- Easily compare prices, specs, and delivery details
- Product configuration and even viewing/adding accessories
- Tracking status, viewing past orders, and canceling orders
GSA Advantage!® is the online shopping and ordering system that provides government agencies access to thousands of contractors and millions of supplies (products) and services. Anyone may browse on GSA Advantage!® to view and compare the variety of products and services offered.
Federal government employees can make purchases through GSA Advantage orders using:
- A governmentwide commercial purchase card (GSA SmartPay®);
- A GSA Activity Address Code (AAC); or
- A Department of Defense Activity Address Code (DoDAAC) (limited to purchases of GSA Global Supply items).
State and local government entities can also use GSA Advantage!® to purchase products and services under both the Cooperative Purchasing Program and the Disaster Recovery Purchasing Program.