Sell your Professional Services on
a GSA PSS Contract
GSA Professional Services (GSA PSS) - MAS Contract
GSA Sales in 2018, PSS Schedule
Average Sales per Contractor
About the GSA PSS (Professional Services) Category of MAS
What is GSA PSS (Professional Services Schedule)?
The Professional Services category (previously GSA 00CORP) of the Multiple Award Schedule program provides a streamlined approach to acquisition within the scope of several service-based GSA Schedules. The goal of the GSA Professional Services category is to offer a total solution across several service competencies. Contractors under this schedule have a single contract that offers scopes of service that span multiple GSA Schedules.
The Professional Services Category includes components from the following Legacy GSA Schedules:
- GSA 00CORP - Consolidated Schedule
- 871 Professional Engineering Services (PES)
- 874 Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS)
- 520 Financial and Business Solutions
- 541 Advertising and Integrated Marketing Solutions
- 738 II Language Services
- 874 V Logistics Worldwide (LogWorld)
- 899 Environmental Services
GSA's PSS is a Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contract under the GSA Schedule Program. It is the major procurement vehicle for Professional Services among Federal Agencies. This type of contract is called an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), which means that there are no PO's attached to the award, but it is rather a channel for sales to flow through (i.e. a License to hunt).
Why get a GSA PSS Schedule Contract?
Contractors that perform and sell Professional Services, may want to consider pursuing the GSA PSS Schedule (formerly GSA 00CORP) to grow or develop their Federal Business prospects. The GSA PSS Schedule is the largest within the GSA Schedules Program both by sales and the competition. The average amount of revenue of a GSA PSS Schedule Contractor is about $2.0 million per year.
Primarily, the GSA Professional Services category is used to sell to federal buyers. However, State, Municipal and Local government agencies can purchase through the Disaster Recovery program. That being said, the federal government mainly uses The GSA PSS Schedule (00CORP) as a major source for simplified Professional Service purchases. Federal buyers enjoy the value that GSA Schedule purchases bring in saving time and money.
Schedule a Free Consultation
If you qualify for a GSA Contract, or you have some questions, schedule a call to speak to a GSA expert to discuss the next steps.
Top GSA PSS Categories (SIN'S)
GSA PSS (Professional Services Schedule) Has 10 basic categories of Special Item Numbers (SIN’s).
More About the GSA PSS Schedule Contract
Purchasing from the GSA Multiple Award Schedule is simple, quick, and an ideal way to purchase the products and services you need to accomplish your mission.
Using the streamlined procurement procedures in FAR Subpart 8.4 Federal Supply Schedules, GSA Multiple Award Schedule offers federal agencies access to more than 3,500 experienced professional services related contractors who provide a range of commercial professional services at discounted and competitive prices. The Professional Services Category offers federal, state and local governments innovative solutions to their professional services needs.
GSA PSS Schedule Spending Patterns
In case you are wondering the spending distribution in the GSA PSS Schedule, here is a chart and information to show you how much Federal spending went to each GSA PSS Category:
How to Get on GSA Professional Services Schedule (PSS)
Getting a GSA PSS Contract is a very technical process. Each stage requires experience and careful thought in order to result in the best terms, conditions and discount structure being awarded to your Company.
Here are the 4 stages:
- Document Preparation – Preparing the GSA Offer, which is the group of around 30 documents arranged in the very specific way the GSA requires. Then the document package is uploaded and submitted to the GSA E-Offer system.
- GSA Review and Clarifications – A GSA Contracting Specialist (or Officer) within the GSA PSS department will be assigned to review your package. After their review, they will reach out with clarification questions or expanded document requirements.
- Negotiations and Award – The discounts, terms and conditions are negotiated and then shortly after, the GSA Contract is awarded
- Post Award – final preparations and upload into the GSA systems is the last step, and this will assure you are found by buyers, and your access to GSA eBuy is unlocked, so you can receive opportunities in your GSA PSS Categories. This is the stage where you sink or swim. Preparing a Federal Marketing Plan, pushing your Business Development efforts, and fine-tuning your Proposal Writing skills are all vital t the success of your company in the Federal Market.